Thank you for visiting my page! Before I explain the concept behind Micky’s Tiara, I would like to share a little about myself. I am a wife and full time mommy of two. By trade I am an orthoptist (that’s a fancy word for a pediatric eye specialist). In my spare time I love to read, write, vlog, travel, volunteer, practice yoga, and encourage others by sharing my story. In 2016, at the age of 31, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This occurred just 4 months after I delivered my precious baby girl. I was in complete shock and denial. I have always considered myself to be in good health and there was no prior history of breast cancer in my family. I was devastated, but not for long.
Shortly after my diagnosis, I understood that I had the power to decide what to do with the news I had received. Should I give up all hope or was I willing to fight? I decided to choose my faith and fight! I realized that I was not the only one going through this difficult journey. It was at this time that I resolved to take others along with me and motivate them to be fighters too. That is how “Micky’s Tiara” was born!
Throughout my journey I overcame a biopsy procedure, an ultra sound, an MRI, a port placement surgery, 16 rounds of chemotherapy, a double mastectomy, and reconstructive surgery. During chemo I started practicing yoga. I realized how impactful it was on my journey to healing and I wanted to share that gift with others. From there, I decided to become a certified yoga instructor! I seek to encourage people of all walks of life to realize the power of their inner strength. By exercising my faith and trusting in God I truly believe that there is a reason this happened to me. I refuse to be a victim or let breast cancer define who I am. I want women to feel empowered to be BRAVE, BOLD, BEAUTIFUL, and most importantly to BEAT BREAST CANCER! You’ll often here me say “Ciao Bella” at the end of my videos. This translates to “Bye Beautiful.” We all have a light inside of us that makes us beautiful. We are deserving of the Tiara!
The Tiara represents a metaphor. Each time I faced a giant I challenged myself to grow from that experience. This gave me the courage to find wisdom. I saved this wisdom in the form of a “diamond” to wear on my “Tiara.” The strength I’ve gained from my experiences has granted me the ability to pass the tiara on to other women on their journey.
Micky’s Tiara serves to embrace those impacted by cancer by helping them to feel energized, empowered, and encouraged. Micky’s Tiara seeks to provide a platform for breast cancer awareness while appreciating each person’s unique and individual story. Please, feel free to contact me. I have a passion for sharing my story and motivating others. I love to hear stories of other fighters, survivors, or loved ones affected by someone with breast cancer. We are all in this together!
Much love and light,
Micky’s Tiara Affiliations
- Volunteer- “The Pink Ribbon” Cris Collinsworth ProScan Fund
- Patient Ambassador- The Christ Hospital
- Patient Ambassador- “Cincinnati Reds Opening Day Parade” April 2017
- Featured Guest– Cincinnati Mom’s Blog April 2017
- Guest Speaker– “The Gathering” Health Expo Presented by Gateway Church, September 2017
- Team Captain- Making Strides for Breast Cancer Walk, October 2017
- Featured Guest- Louisville’s B96.5 FM Radio for Breast Cancer Awareness Month October 2017
- Featured Segment- Cincinnati’s Channel 12 News October 2017
- Guest Speaker- InfluenceHER Women’s Event for Breast Cancer Awareness- October 2019
- Survivor Model- American Breast Care, Fall Catalogue, 2019
- Survivor Model – Featured on Cover Spring Catalogue, 2020
- Peer Lead- Young Survival Coalition Virtual Hangout for Young African American Breast Cancer Survivors- 2020